Elder Hansen is serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.

Monday, September 5, 2011

SEPTEMBER 5

Hey family,
how is everything going.  This week was kind of crazy being the first one and everything.  I'm serving in Huehuetenango in the area Brasilia and ward Calvario.  My companion is latino we speaks no english, and his name is Elder Rodriguez.  He's from San marcos in Guatemala.  He's good, but i feel like he's still not sure what the mission is all about, which is pretty understandable because he hasn't been a member that long, but he does have a strong testimony. He got in a bible bash with a lady, and was really confrontational with her, and I felt so uncomfortable in the lesson.  But that's not what the gospel is all about, it's about them feeling the spirit, and them desiring to hear more, not bashing on other people's relgion and everything.  But I think the rest of the time has been pretty good.  Time is kind of slow, so you know what that means.  Dont' worry though, i'm doing good, and all your support helps me so much, just to think that you want me to succeed and are rooting for me.  I hope i can grow during this time, and that I can learn spanish, and work as hard as I can to share this with others.  Anytime we don't work, everything feels slow, and I am seriously anxious to just go work.  Coming from the farm, as well as the CCm, i'm not used to just chatting with people.  I'm glad everything is going good at home.  I'm happy that Malea was able to be blessed this week.  I do have everything i need, and my bedding is fine, i think i just left the bed sheet or something, which i don't need anyway because i have two flat sheets.  The food here is so good, and we usually have lunch and dinner everyday with a member.  I feel spoiled because we haven't cooked once, but that's good though. The trip to xela was about 4 hours, we rode a little bus over there with about 15 of us then we got to the mission home, chatted, and then stayed the night in a hotel.  The next day, we got up and then had a meeting, and then rode a chicken bus for about two and a half hours to huehue.  the whole day was pretty fun.  You probably finished up grain harvest today, so that's awesome, good luck with potatoes, and I hope all goes well with that.  I have  testimony of this work, and am trying my hardest every day to understand how it works, and to understand the what i need to do.  Thanks for everything and for your support, and I know that this church is true, and it's message is powerful. Love you all and I hope to hear from you next week. 
Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment