Elder Hansen is serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.

Monday, July 18, 2011

I know that the Lord has prepared people for me, and I want to be faithful and show that I care...

Hey fam,
sounds like everything is going good at home.  I don't think my companion is related to benches in Idaho, just because he hasn't mentioned anything about it.  There's probably 15 or so of us going to the guat mtc, but idk for sure, it's just a conjecture. I did get the package, I haven't really eaten alot of it though, so i'll do that tonight and tomorrow and share it with others.  My flight leaves from slc at 810 so i'll probably call before then and then it lands at 920 I think? that's la time i'm thinking, so i'll probably call you from both places but i'll talk about calling you later when I call you from SLC.  Ya, I was gonna call Mark so i'll do that in slc probably.  They say keep it at 5 minutes but I'll have to see, hahahah, I think they just don't want me to miss my flight. Matt and Melinda sent me an e-mail, do you have there address that you could send to me?
    The mtc is good.  Time has definitely gone by faster.  There are challenges here that I never thought that I would have, and it's pretty interesting to say the least, but I know that I'll be able to push through them.  I know that the Lord has prepared people for me, and I want to be faithful and show that I care about them.  It's a little hard to focus on the people, when you're stuck in the mtc learning all day, and not around any investigators or anything, but I hope I will be able to get better at it down in the guatemalan mtc.  Everything I've learned here is kind of a jumble in my head right now.  It's like I have all the information that I need to know, both gospel and spanish-wise, but now I just need to organize it, and be able to recall it faster. I've never had to try and understand the gospel in the way that I am right now, to be able to teach it and testify to others, so I hope that I'm able to follow the Lord's plan for me. 
     That's crazy that you're 30 year reunion is here, mom, I hope you have fun at that though.  I heard that Macy Broadhead was baptized, that is so crazy, but I kind of felt like she would be one day.  I hope that she is doing good, and she is happier because that's what this gospel is all about. Also, don't worry too much about me because everything is going good, I hope that the harvest goes well and everything, and that Dad and Jared have fun on their trips.  That would be cool if I ran into Uncle Richard, he'll have to give me some tips on Spanish.  Thanks for everything, and tomorrow I'll probably call your cell mom first, then the house if you don't pick up then mark, so probably anywhere from 6 to 8 p.m. i'm not sure.  They said that Delta you can only have one carry on, and a backup is a carry on so i'll have to see what I can get away with haha.  Thanks alot, i look forward to talking with you.
Love,
Elder Hansen  

No comments:

Post a Comment