Elder Hansen is serving a full time mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints among the people of Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.

Monday, July 4, 2011

I think I get more sleep than at home because I don't have to wake up and move lines...

Hey,
How is everything going!  It's good to hear from you.  the mtc is pretty good, the food's the same as the canon center, but it's good still.  I see Elder Crane and Elder Nilsen about 3 times a day because they have all the same meals with me, so it's good.  Obviously, it takes some adjusting, just because of new people and new situations, but I think I get more sleep than at home because I don't have to wake up and move lines, haha.  My teachers are so awesome, and I think i'm progressing fairly well with spanish, even though it may not seem like it.  Mi companero is de Las Vegas, Nevada, and he's a pretty good missionary, and he works hard in studying spanish especially, so hopefully we can challenge each other with it.  He's also going to quetzaltenango so we'll fly out there in 2 and a half weeks.  Our district is pretty funny, they are all going to chile, so they put up a chilean flag, I just laughed at it haha.
       Ya, I forgot about the parade, hopefully that was good.  We did see the fireworks from the stadium of fire, they were pretty awesome, that was fun when we went to it 2 years ago haha.  Ya, how was portland, that's cool that mom, jared, and lysha were able to go there. Brigham wrote me a letter and told me that, that's awesome, I think he will do good.  I'm also very grateful for the kittens' safety, that's great haha.  yesterday, Jenny Oaks Baker came and played at a fireside, and it was so good.  She played this is the christ, amazing grace, and a couple other songs, it was so good though.  Also, her kids played in a trio, they were 10, 8, and 6 I think and played, respectively, the piano, violin and cello and it was so funny but awesome at the same time to watch.
    It's been pretty hot here too, we're indoors mostly though so i guess it doesn't matter haha.  Let me know if the spuds at oxarango live or die from my watering them haha.  Hope everything is going well for jared and alysha, don't worry about me cause everything is good.  Let me know if you here from Tater Tot or anyone else.  Oh ya, and did Landon and Maegan get back ok?  Have a good week you guys and I love you all.  Tell the whole family hi, and thanks so much for everything.
Love,
Elder Hansen

No comments:

Post a Comment